One more session down. As we continue on the path of women empowerment. Constantly faced with the concept of branding, being able to package and sell a product or service to an audience.
With multiple challenges on the journey of figuring out how to create beneficial exposure.
Instagram represents a platform with over 1 billion followers, that enclose humongous opportunity. This has allowed a new era of self branded individuals adjusting their skills and passion to an audience online.
Special thanks to Terry Michael @terrymichael55 for starting the workshop with a breathing exercise and the panelists who shared their money making tips. Emilia Andrea Lujan @myvegandaily, Alex De Carvalho @alex_dc, Sharon Gadbois @sharongadbois, Andressa Lopes @iandressalopes.
With the moderation of Sarah Caro @scaropr we were guided through several recommendations from diverse perspectives leading to the following golden tips for Instagram feeds,hope you enjoy
- Keep it clean and simple
- Use stories, they are great to promote post and create content engagement
- Ask people to like you and follow you “You can make a lot of money through social media”. Companies hire Influencers to expose their products.
- Tag yourself and all local companies and follow them
- For content creation for brands prepare a media kit with a brief of yourself and pictures
- You will require constant posting to be portrayed at the top of Instagram feeds, takes a lot of work.
- IGTV provides a great option for instant videos.
- Giveaways really work, people like to receive free perks, request shares and tags.
- Companies know when followers are not real. They measure you on sales.
- You can add up to 30 # on Instagram
Model @iandressalopes recommended as a first step to become brand ambassador to get an edge and be noticed. Place your account information on everything, car, business cards, emails, pictures, etc. Seek trending hashtags to use in your feeds.
Wellness and Vegan blogger @myvegandaily recommended to not be scared if not everyone wants to work with you. Make sure to ask a question at the beginning, people love sharing.
Business Development Expert @sharongadbois suggests to make sure you measure your engaging not only by likes but direct messaging. This will provide a more meaningful understanding of your audience.
Director of Visual Storytelling @alex_dc reminded us not to oversee South Florida’s advantaged views, they are miraculous, use them as a moment to connect yourselves, or follow and be inspired by his daily quotes and captions.
The Association of Women in Communications thrives to innovative and provide tools, we hope you are ready to start applying these tips.
Check out photos taking by Susan Barbini of Barbini Photography from Women in Communications: Storytelling with Instagram for Brands.